this post was created in partnership with saputo! the opinions on this blog, as always are my own. you can follow ingredients by saputo on facebook, instagram + pinterest for more recipe inspirations.
as promised, today i am sharing with you my go to breakfast & brunch bake! i love a good strata. they are creamy, cheesy & loaded with flavour. you will even find a strata recipe or two in my cookbook bake the seasons, because they are that good! this artichoke + spinach strata is made with bacon (obviously), saputo's mozzarellissima & saputo's parmesan cheese. the mozzarellissima provides the gooey cheeseiness we crave, while the parmesan packs a bold flavour. if you haven't already guessed it, this dish is inspired by the classic spinach & artichoke dip. i just knew those flavours were meant to be paired together in more then a dip. while you can serve this for breakfast or brunch, i also serve it for dinner along side a fresh mixed greens salad. the best part of all? if you are hosting, you can prepare this the night before & bake it fresh before the guest arrive. just like a bread pudding!
- 1/2 pound smoked bacon, diced
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup packed spinach, steam & strained
- 1 1/2 cups artichoke hearts, diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespon dijon mustard
- 2 cups grated saputo mozzarellissima
- 1 cup saputo grated parmesan
- 1 loaf white country bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease a 9x12 baking dish.
- in a skillet over medium heat add the bacon & cook until crispy. using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a bowl until ready to use.
- in the same skillet add the garlic & shallots. cook until the shallots begin to turn translucent, about 2 minutes. add the spinach & artichokes. season with salt & pepper. cook for an additional 2 minutes. remove from heat & let cool slightly.
- in a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, cream & dijon. season with salt & pepper. stir in the cheeses, bacon, spinach mixture & bread. toss to coat.
- transfer mixture to prepared baking dish & bake for 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. serve warm with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese!