this is not your basic tea latte! this is the most decadent white chocolate + mint tea latte. i am pretty sure the morrocan mint green tea by stash tea was made for this drink. it is a blend of green tea & mint (spearmint + peppermint), with a hint of lemon. i love it in this latte & in the morning instead of coffee. it has such a calming flavour.
with the snow continuously falling outside, i don't think there is anything better then a night in by the fire sipping this latte. modest house is quite chilly due to the age of our home, so there isn't a moment where we don't have a warm drink in hand.
if you want to take this one step further, try adding a shot of whiskey or rum to the mix, hot toddy style. anyways, i am going to keep this one short & sweet because we are off to do our final round of christmas shopping. the tree is becoming overflowed with presents & is finally looking like a proper christmas tree. cheers!
- 2 cups water
- 3 stash tea morrocan mint green tea bags
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces quality white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh whipped cream, for topping
- shaved white chocolate, for topping
- in a sauce pot over high heat bring the water to a boil. add the tea bags & sugar. remove from heat & let steep for 15 minutes.
- in a second sauce pot over medium heat bring the milk to a gentle simmer. stir in the white chocolate, vanilla, & salt until chocolate is fully melted. remove from heat & froth using an immersion blender.
- in desired cup fill with 1/3 tea mixture & 2/3 milk mixture. top with a generous dollop of whipped cream & sprinkle with shaved white chocolate.