ok watermelon lovers THIS is the drink you want to have in your hands all summer long. it is basically an adult version of a watermelon slushy but made with zevia's cucumber lemon sparkling water, fresh watermelon & a little bit of alcohol. it is beyond refreshing. zevia's sparkling water is lightly sweetened with stevia, making it zero calories. it is the perfect amount of sweetness when mixed with a juicy watermelon. i thought i was a genius (lol) when i came up with the idea of freezing zevia's sparkling water into the actual ice cubes for the margarita. when it is a million degrees out the ice begins to melt way too fast & the drink gets watered down. not anymore! this ice will melt into a flavourful cucumber lemon infused water. how smart is that?! i kept this a classic margarita & used the tequila/triple sec combination for the alcohol, but if you want to make this a virgin drink for the kids simply just omit the alcohol & replace it with equal parts zevia.
cheers & happy long weekend american friends! xo
for the watermelon margaritas (makes 4 margaritas)
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces triple sec
- 2 cups zevia cucumber lemon ice (see recipe below)
- himalayan pink salt, to rim the glass
- lime wedges, to garnish
for the cucumber lemon ice
for the watermelon margaritas
- in a blender add the watermelon, lime juice, tequila, triple sec & cucumber lemon ice.
- blend until smooth. if margarita appears to be too thick, add a splash of zevia until desired consistency is reached!
- rim glassses with lime juice & himalayan pink salt.
- divide mixture evenly amongst four glasses.
- garnish with a fresh wedge of lime & serve!
for the zevia cucumber lemon ice
- pour zevia into two ice cube trays & place in freezer.
- let freeze completly before using, about 4-6 hours.
- remove from tray when ready!