hello peach season! who would have ever thought to add peaches to your morning latte? i did. this drink takes the matcha latte to a whole new level. it features the addition of a fresh peach puree to add summer flavour & natural sweetness. the peach flavour pairs so well with the earthiness of the matcha.. remember those peach + matcha popsicles from a few summers ago?
the puree is so easy to make & taste amazing in cocktails too (just saying). as you add each layer of ingredients to the glass, it creates the most beautiful blend of colours. adding milk to ice coffee is one of my favourite things to watch, but adding matcha to milk is even better. the recipe features aiya's culinary matcha powder, which creates the vibrant colour & a very pure taste. we are in the final stretch of summer here, so make this before peach season ends! let's be real though, i'll be drinking iced lattes & iced coffees all fall + winter long.
p.s. i usually recommend using any milk or nut milk in a drink recipe, however i think you should stick to coconut milk for this particular drink. the coconut flavour compliments the matcha & peaches, but it also brings an extra creaminess to the base of the drink.
- two medium peaches, peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup water, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon quality honey
- 2 teaspoons aiya's culinary matcha powder
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- in a blender add the peaches, 1/4 cup water, vanilla extract, lemon juice & honey. blend until smooth. run mixture through a fine mesh strainer to ensure no lumps remain.
- in a separate bowl add the matcha powder. slowly add the boiling water while whisking. whisk until matcha is fully dissolved in the water. let cool to room temperature.
- when ready to assemble evenly divide the peach puree between two jars. fill glass with ice.
- top with the matcha mixture followed by the coconut milk. enjoy!