happy spring:) there is nothing that makes me happier then the sight of rotten bananas! i use to hate any form of banana unless it was mashed into a cake/bread.. but banana & i are cool now. this recipe is honestly the best banana bread you will ever make! i have come up with the perfect balance of butter and oil, because why chose just one? i also use raw sugar in and on top of the banana bread for the texture (& health benefits i suppose). the results will be a moist, dense, sweet bread that you can add just about anything you like into it (walnuts, chocolate, raisins [yuck] & more chocolate).
BANANA BREAD (makes one loaf or 12 muffins)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- raw sugar, to sprinkle on top
- preheat the oven to 325°F and butter a loaf pan.
- in a mixing bowl, mash bananas with the melted butter and oil.
- stir in raw sugar, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- sift in cinnamon, flour, baking soda, and salt. mix until just combined.
- pour into loaf pan and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- bake until the top is golden brown and you a toothpick comes out clean, approximately 45 minutes.