s'mores!!! with the warm weather & [s'more season] camping season upon us, i thought this would be the perfect opportunity to make my year round s'more bars. i mean, why should indulging in a s'more be limited to just the summer months? this recipe is inspired by the s'more bar i had the first time i visited anna olsen's bakery in niagara on the lake. as a big fan of her food network series, i told my mom that if for some reason anna olsen was actually there, DO NOT embarrass me. what did she do the second anna olsen walked in? [embarrass me] told her what a big fan i was... yada yada yada. oh moms. anyways, back to the s'more bars. they are layers of milk chocolate chunks, graham crackers and marshmallows, all bound together with a graham cracker puree filling! i could eat this filling on its own, it is so good! these are a perfect grab and go snack and freeze well in a sealed container.
- 15 sheets whole graham crackers
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk (regular milk works too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 300g milk chocolate chopped (additional 50g if you snack on it while baking like me)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a sauce pot on low heat melt butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla until dissolved.
- stir in graham cracker crumbs, and set aside.
- in a nine-inch square pan greased or lined with parchment paper begin to assemble the bars starting with: whole graham crackers, 1/3 filling, 100g milk chocolate, 2/3 cup marshmallows, and repeat.
- finish with chocolate chunks and marshmallows as the top layer.
- bake for 15-20 minutes, until marshmallows begin to bubble and brown.
- remove from oven and let cool completely before slicing. i find refrigerating it before cutting works best!