this baked good is a little different then my usual treats, it is a recipe for the dogs! when nordicware asked if i would be interested in making a recipe for buddy holly & pete featuring the puppy love treat pan, i was all over it. how can i not spoil those two cuties (even more then i already do). nordicware's treat pan is non-stick & made from aluminum.
these homemade peanut butter & banana dog treats feature no artifical sugars & are made with all natural ingredients. unlike those rock hard store bought dog treats, i made these extra fluffy & cake like. by making your own dog treats, you don't have to worry what preservatives & filler ingredients your dog is consuming. plus they are equally as fun to bake as human treats!
as they are all natural, i like to freeze a large batch of them & put them in the treat jar as they run out. pete & buddy are two of my favourite taste testers, so this recipe is finally something they don't have to sneak behind my back! however, they have now learned that we store dog treats in the freezer too! everytime justin & i go to take something out of the freezer for ourselves, we find pete & buddy running over behind us.
- 1/3 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch fine salt
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. lightly grease puppy love treat pan & set aside.
- in a large mixing bowl beat peanut butter, banana & egg. mix in the oat milk & water, continue to beat until well blended.
- add the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon & salt. stir until batter comes together.
- transfer batter to prepared pan, using one tablespoon of batter per treat. bake in batches.
- bake each round for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. let cool slightly before removing.
- store in an air tight container for up to a week or freeze in batches for up to a month.