who is ready for easter this weekend?! i think one of my favourite things about easter (aside from all the chocolate) is that my family always celebrates over a brunch gathering. it is the only holiday where our celebration takes place in the morning, so it gives us the opportunity to create a breakfast inspired menu. however, no matter what time of day the celebration is there should ALWAYS be a cheeseboard involved. this cheeseboard is inspired by a classic brunch cocktail: the spicy caesar! i pulled from all the flavours of a caesar, as well as the traditional things you would find in an ultimate caesar bar (hard boiled eggs, pickles, shrimp, olives, asparagus, etc.) for this board i stuck to strong flavoured cheese such as Castello's Traditional Danish Blue & Castello's Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar. i also brought in some spice through the sopressata and Castello's Cream Cheese with Sweet & Spicy Peppers. after all, you can't have a caesar without a little spice! or a lot of spice if you are anything like my dad.
happy easter & happy cheeseboard making! this one is sure to be a brunch hit, just don't forget the caesars to pair along with it.
- 150 grams Castello Traditional Danish Blue
- 150 grams Castello Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar
- 1 Castello Cream Cheese Ring with Sweet & Spicy Peppers
- 100 grams prosciutto, sliced very thin
- 100 grams spicy sopressata, sliced thin
- 100 grams marinated shrimp
- 24 garlic crostinis
- 4 hard boiled eggs, halved
- 4 mini garlic dill pickles
- 10 spears roasted or pickled asparagus
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 kalamata olives
- sliced lime, to garnish
- place the Traditional Danish Blue, Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar & Cream Cheese with Sweet & Spicy Peppers onto desired cheeseboard.
- surround cheese with prosciutto, spicy sopressata, shrimp & crostinis.
- fill remaining spaces with hard boiled eggs, dill pickles, roasted asparagus, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives.
- garnish with fresh lime slices & serve!
NOTE: to roast the asparagus i simply trimmed & blanched the asparagus beforing tossing it with salt, pepper & olive oil. i then roasted it at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes, until slightly browned. blanching it first is what helps keep the asparagus bright & vibrant, so don't skip this step!
this post was created in partnership with Castello cheese! thank you for supporting the brands that help me doing what i love. xo