the weather is finally warm enough to enjoy drinking iced tea & beer outdoors! this past weekend in toronto, everyone was out riding bikes & every restaurant with a patio was jam packed. winter hibernation is over! each morning i start off by drinking a hot cup of green tea, half because i love tea & half because of how healthy green tea is for you. with the weather changing, i wanted to come up with the ultimate refreshing way to drink my green tea! using stash tea's loose leaf organic lung ching green tea i created an iced green tea lemonade that is flavoured with fresh ginger + fresh mint & sweetened with raw honey + panela raw sugar. this drink would be perfect for an outdoor bbq in one of those massive mason jar jug drink dispensers that i got my mom last year for mother's day. hint hint: mom;)
- 4 cups water, boiled
- 3 tablespoons loose leaf green tea (i used organic lung ching green tea)
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled & sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, plus more for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1-2 tablespoons raw or turbinado sugar (i used obelo's panela sugar)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sliced lemons, for garnishing
- in a large teapot or kettle steep loose leaf green tea & sliced ginger in boiling water. once desired strength is reached strain out tea & ginger.
- add honey & sugar, stir until sugar is fully dissolved. place in fridge & let cool completly.
- in a punch bowl or ice tea pitcher add green tea base mix, fresh mint leaves, lemon juice, sliced lemons. allow time for flavours to mend.
- serve in an iced raw sugar rimmed glass with fresh mint & a slice of lemon.