ZUCHINNI BREAD IS ALMOST IN SEASON, errrr zuchinni. so i freaking love zuchinni bread! more then carrot bread, banana bread [yeah that's right], and pumpkin bread [ok maybe it's a tie].. but for real guys, zuchinni bread forever. i genuinely get upset when people will not try my zuchinni bread because it "sounds gross" or "ew zuchinni". don't knock it till you try it people, this bread will change your life. well we still got a few weeks till zuchinni is in full force, i am giving you this recipe now so you can get ready early. a little secret to this recipe is the hidden crushed pineapple. if you didn't know pineapple was in it, you probably never would. however, it is the pineapple that makes the bread so moist and dense. this recipe has been passed down from my aunt and is made all summer long in my family... enjoy! xo
ingredients (makes two loaves)
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zuchinni
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- in a large mixing bowl add raw sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. stir until well combined.
- add grated zuchinni and crushed pineapple.
- sift in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. mix until JUST combined and no more lumps appear.
- bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on size of pan.