today i am teaming up with ghiardelli & the feed feed for ghirardelli's #BAKINGDAY featuring all things chocolate! i wanted to create a decadent holiday dessert that uses ALL the chocolate! well.. almost all the chocolate. so i'm taking cranberry bars to a whole new level. adding festive christmas ingredients like crunchy macadamia nuts & spicy nutmeg, then topping it with a creamy pure white chocolate ganache. i finished it off by drizzleing it with some dark chocolate. dark chocolate is good for you, so by drizzleing it with dark chocolate these are now healthy! if you prefer milk chocolate, switch it up. hell, put both! anything goes here. happy baking day:)!
for the bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup ghiardelli white chocolate, chopped
for the ganache
- 1 cup ghiardelli white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
for the drizzel
- 1/2 cup ghiardelli 60% dark chocolate, melted (or equal parts milk chocolate)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large mixing bowl add melted butter, sugar, egg & vanilla. stir until well combined.
- in a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt & nutmeg. add to wet ingredients.
- stir in cranberries, macadamia nuts & white chocolate chunks.
- line a square baking dish with parchment paper & add dough. bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness & size of pan.
- remove from oven & let cool while you make the ganache.
- for the ganache, using either a double boiler or the microwave melt the white chocolate. stir in cream & mix until smooth. pour over the cooled cranberry bars & sprinkle with cranberries.
- drizzel with melted dark chocolate, milk chocolate or both!
- slice & serve.