i think you all know by now how much i love creating different boards & platters for just about any occasion. i never host a party without putting together one of these boards. this chocolate & citrus dessert board is my latest creation! it is a dark chocolate lovers dream. the board can be served as a dessert after hosting a casual dinner party, or placed on any party table spread. i love how it brings everyone together, as it has a little something on it for everyone!
this board was inspired by Ghirardelli's new "intense dark blood orange sunset chocolate bar". perfectly paired with various winter citrus, dried cranberries, cheese & toasted nuts, the blood orange sunset bar is the star of the show! like all of ghirardelli's high quality dark chocolate bars, it features premium ingredients & offers an intense dark chocolate flavour. the chocolate is blended with blood orange bits & natural blood orange flavour, justin & i can't get enough. it also includes pieces of regular dark chocolate (72% twilight delight) & sea salt soiree, for those who prefer simpler flavours!
lastly, for the two cheeses i stuck with soft dessert cheeses. a wensleydale cheese with cranberries to complement the winter citrus & dark chocolate flavours, as well as a vanilla brie cheese. feel free to serve these with a side of crackers or a sliced baguette too!
- 100 grams soft ripened vanilla brie cheese
- 100 grams wensleydale cheese with cranberries
- 100 grams Ghirardelli's Intense Dark Blood Orange Sunset Chocolate
- 100 grams Ghirardelli's Intense 72% Twilight Delight Chocolate
- 100 grams Ghirardelli's Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree Chocolate
- 2-3 clementines, peeled
- 1 blood orange, peeled or sliced
- 1 bunch red grapes
- 1 cup roasted whole almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- crackers, for serving
- on desired serving board or tray, place the brie cheese & wensleydale cheese on opposite ends.
- fill the center with a mix of blood orange sunset, 72% twilight delight & dark sea salt soiree chocolate bars. break chocolate bars into various sizes to add variety.
- place the clementines, blood orange slices, grapes, almonds & cranberries around the cheese & chocolate.
- fill any remaining gaps with additional chocolate pieces.
- serve with crackers if desired!