happy long weekend! since i know we are all busy with easter celebrations tomorrow i will keep this post short & sweet. i am finally on the smoothie bowl band wagon. i didn't understand them at first being a smoothie lover, but now i am all for them! they look pretty, are fun to decorate with all the healthy toppings you can think of & they are super filling for breakfast time. this would be the perfect breakfast to make for mother's day! it is healthy & it will help fuel mom for the rest of the day, with a side of coffee of course. i packed it with fruit, peanut butter (for protien), greek yogurt (for dairy) & topped it with granola for some healthy grains. this smoothie bowl is seriously so easy to whip up! simply throw all the ingredients into your blender & blend until smooth.
to make my smoothie bowls i used the vitamix ascent a3500. it is vitamix's newest blender & it is so powerful. i found my old blenders would leave behind large chunks of frozen fruit, not something you want in a smoothie. you can read all about the vitamix ascent a3500 here (bonus: it's even on sale for mother's day).
have a lovely spring weekend & happy easter! xo
- 1 cup frozen bananas, sliced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- sliced fruit (strawberries, bananas & blackberries) for topping
- 1 tablespoon granola or muesli, for topping
- 1 teaspoon chai seeds, for topping
- place the frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, natural peanut butter, raw honey, greek yogurt & almond milk into your vitamix ascent a3500. blend until smooth.
- pour into a bowl & top with sliced fruit, granola + chai seeds.
this post was created in partnership with vitamix! thank you for supporting the brands that help me do what i love. xo