when the crisp days of fall roll around, we do a lot more cooking at home. weekends included! one of my favourite things to cook together is pizza & flatbreads. i like to call this recipe a flatbread over pizza because i feel like you can include a lot more (not so traditional) ingredients on a flatbread. this recipe is inspired by my favourite chinese vegetable: bok choy. it features various flavours often found in asian cooking, such as sesame, garlic & soy. it also incorporates the must have ingredient of fall: butternut squash. i can't get enough butternut squash this time of year. i topped each flatbread with a fried egg because then it is considered breakfast, am i right? & who wouldn't want this for breakfast!
to keep things extra simple, i use angelic bakehouse's flatzza buddy crust. it is like a cross between a pizza crust & a flatbread. the buddy crust is the new personal size version of angelic bakehouse's popular flatzza crust. justin & i love using the flatzza crust for an impromtu pizza party, so i am pretty excited about the new personal size version. you can eat the whole thing to yourself & top it with whatever you like (i am talking to you pineapple pizza lovers). lastly, this crust is good for you too, as it is made with sprouted whole grains. it is one of those recipes that you don't have to wait until friday night to induldge in!
- 2 angelic bakehouse's flatzza buddy crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 100 grams sweet sausage, casings removed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 pound baby bok choy, sliced
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasame oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 fried eggs, for topping
- everything bagel seasoning, for sprinkling
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper. place pizza crusts on tray & set aside until ready to use.
- heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. add the sausage & cook until sausage is browned, about 5 minutes.
- to the same skillet add the garlic, baby bok choy & butternut squash. cook until the bok choy is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- stir in the soy sauce, seasame oil, salt & pepper. cook for an additional 2 minutes. remove from heat & let cool slightly.
- drizzle pizza crusts with olive oil. sprinkle with mozzarella & feta.
- evenly divide bok choy mixture between the two crusts. bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted & the crust edges are golden brown.
- top with a fried egg & serve!