okay but seriously, how perfect was this weekends weather for a pitcher of sangria? we had the best weekend in the sun. we set up a few things out doors which included building our new BBQ! the gas line gets installed this week & then everything i cook will be made on the grill. i can't wait for may so we can say goodbye to april showers. i think this sangria is the PERFECT beverage to compliment any type of outdoor bbq. it is light, refreshing, full of fruit & made with zevia's strawberry zero calorie soda. this allows for no added sugar because it is made with stevia, a natural zero calorie sweetener. the strawberry soda adds an extra punch of strawberry flavour to the strawberry & peach sangria. i just love fruit in wine as it soaks up all the flavour into each bite. my grandpa always added fresh peaches from the backyard peach tree to his homemade red wine. so cheers to the last week of april, we are almost into those sunny months! next month i will be sharing a recipe for red wine sangria, stay tuned:)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 cups peaches, thinly sliced
- 2 cups ice, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 3 cups white wine
- 2 cups strawberry zevia soda
- in a large clear pitcher add the lemon, strawberries, peaches & ice.
- pour in the peach schnapps, white wine & strawberry zevia. stir to combine.
- serve immediately over fresh ice & garnish with a slice of lemon.