FALL IS COMING. soon we can make chilis & stews and slow cook & roast meats without resulting in the house becoming 80 zillion degrees. decorate with pie pumpkins & pumpkin candles (ok, i have these out all year) & more pumpkins! these ribs are the perfect dinner to make on a cozy fall or winter day spent at home. your house will smell amazing as they cook on low for hours. while i usually use bbq sauce on my ribs, essie, the creator of essiespice contacted me about trying some of her exotic spices & sauce blends. these caribbean style flavours are not a food culture i am all that familiar with, but i tried them & could not believe how good they were. oh. em. gee. they were delicious. i used the sauce to marinate chicken, sautee ground turkey for tacos & these ribs! the coco for garlic sauce makes for a great little twist on using the usual barbecue style sauces. as you can see by the photo below... not a piece of meat left in sight. they were finger lickin good! take that KFC (jk, love you).
- 1 rack of ribs (back or side, which ever you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup essie coco for garlic sauce [can substitute bbq sauce]
- 1 onion, sliced
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- rub front & back side of ribs with paprika, oregano, salt, pepper & garlic sauce [if using bbq sauce, do NOT brush it on till the end]
- place rack on a cookie sheet & scatter the onions.
- cover tray tightly with foil to ensure to steam gets out.
- place in oven & cook covered for 3-3.5 hours.
- remove from oven, brush with additional garlic sauce [if using bbq sauce add it NOW!]
- turn oven up to 375 degrees and cook ribs for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- base with more sauce if desired.