has anyone ever waited long enough to properly let brownies cool & slice them?!?!?! seriously though, i envy you & the amount of will power you hold. every single time i make brownies i tell myself i won’t touch them until they are completely set & cooled.. and as you can see by my final photos, today was not that day. ok, rant OVER. these brownies are super fudgy & super chocolatey (so chocolatey that i made up the word chocolatey to describe them). i did a peanut butter swirl because the combination of chocolate & peanut butter, which i hated as a child, has really grown on me. i can’t wait to have these brownies warmed up & topped with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream this weekend. happy friday! get baking.
LEVEL: very modest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a microwave safe bowl melt the 1/2 cup of butter & chocolate.
- stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla, espresso, flour and salt.
- pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- in a separate mixing bowl mix together the peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar until smooth & creamy.
- swirl peanut butter mixture into the brownies.
- bake for 20-25 minutes until edges begin to crisp up.
- let cool before slicing into (not that i am ever patient enough too)