i feel like every time i have cereal or granola, i am constantly sifting through it trying to pick out my favourite things. the clusters from honey bunches of oats, the almonds from special k, the marshmallows from lucky charms.. okay sorry, i am THAT person. like when you go to have breakfast & all the good stuff is magically gone from the box, hi. so i decided to make a breakfast granola that was full of ingredients i wouldn't have to sift through! a little mash up of all my favourite things; almonds, coconut & white chocolate. this is a simple granola perfect for any morning. serve it with a banana, fresh berries + almond milk & you got yourself the perfect breakfast! i know, white chocolate isn't the most healthy breakfast thing.. but it contains a very small amount, chopped into small pieces. so every time you get a bite, it's like a little sweet surprise! if you want to make this vegan, sub out the honey for agave & the white chocolate for vegan white chocolate or dark chocolate.
- 3 cups whole rolled oats
- 100 grams white chocolate, chopped finely (i used one lindt bar)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 egg white (optional)
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- in a large mixing bowl add oats, white chocolate, coconut, almonds, cinnamon & nutmeg. stir until combined.
- in a separate bowl whisk oil, honey, vanilla, milk & egg white.
- add wet ingredients to dry ingredients & toss until evenly coated.
- on a parchment lined tray, bake for 45 minutes. stir granola every 10 minutes for even baking.