happy monday!!! as promised here is the recipe for my matcha coconut energy bites. they are vegan, gluten free & so delicious. energy bites are like a little ball of healthy goodness. i make them on the weekend & pack them in justin's lunch throughout the week instead of store bought granola bars. it is the perfect afternoon snack to keep your stomach full until dinner! this version features a hint of aiya's matcha powder. it adds an unexpected flavour & is loaded with antioxidants. while i used raw cocoa nibs, feel free to subtitute dark chocolate chips.
p.s. don't they look like fancy truffles?
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked
- 1 tablespoon aiya's matcha powder
- 3 tablespoons raw cocoa nibs
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- using a food processor, pulse together the oats, almonds & coconut until ground.
- add the dates (side note: soak the dates in hot water to soften), matcha powder, cocoa nibs, salt, maple syrup & vanilla. blend on low until a paste is formed.
- shape into evenly sized balls. roll in additional coconut or matcha if desired.
- refrigerate & enjoy!