what a week it has been! i am officially no longer a city girl & have left toronto. moving is so exhausting, couldn't be happier that it is over with. i have quickly settled in back home, unpacked a lot of boxes, took over the den with a big table of props & have worked out my new shooting area. next up is painting the room! since being home this week, i have had just about every meal outside. aside from my mom being obsessed with eating outdoors, they just redid the deck this month & can't get enough of it. i think this lavender lemonade is the perfect drink to be sipping on the new patio with the sunshine beaming. this lemonade can easily be transformed into an adult cocktail if you are hosting a barbecue, bonfire or pool party. just add one ounce of vodka per serving. cheers! xo
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender (or 2-3 tablespoons fresh)
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (i used obelo panela sugar)
- 1 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup ice water
- sliced lemon, for garnishing
- in a sauce pot over medium heat add the lavender, raw sugar & hot water.
- continuously stir until the sugar has fully dissolved & remove from heat.
- let the lavender steep for 5-10 minutes, depending on how strong of a flavour you want. strain mixture & let cool completely to room temperature.
- in a pitcher filled with ice add the fresh lemon juice, ice water & lavender syrup. stir until evenly combined.
NOTE: if you want the classic yellow colour of lemonade, you can also use regular white sugar!