happy friday!!! who is celebrating valentine's day this weekend? i have been hit with a nasty cold so it is looking like i will be spending the next few days watching netflix in bed. lucky for me, i have the comfiest bedding from rough linen to cozy up in! i never want to leave this bed on a good day. now i don't want to give away too much of our master bedroom design that is just about complete as i will be sharing a more detailed post on it in the near future, but let's talk a little bit about that bedding! while i usually gravitate toward different tones of grey, i couldn't pass up the "dusk" soft pink colour rough linen carriers. i opted for the queen bed makeover in dusk & white which comes with everything you need to set the bed! a duvet cover, top sheet, decorative shams & a summer cover. i filled it with a heavy duty down insert because our old house is quite cold, but i can only imagine how hot it will be in the summer so having the light summer cover will be a life saver. oh the joys of an old house! i am also so happy how well it goes with the farrow + ball wallpaper & paint i chose. the cloudy wallpaper is called aranami in grey, it is seriously the dreamiest. between the grey wallpaper, walls, doors & trim the dusk pink was a perfect subtle contrast to everything. but enough about the bed, let's get to what inspired it all.. strawberry cheesecake pancakes!
i love the idea of surprisingly your valentine with breakfast in bed & this one is fit for a king (or queen). i incorporated cream cheese & greek yogurt into the pancakes themselves, then topped them off with fresh strawberries & whipped cream. i opted to keep the pancakes simple, but if you wanted to stir a few fresh strawberries into the batter itself that works too! i remember making strawberry cheesecake pancakes for my mom on mother's day years & years ago. i used nigella's recipe which used cottage cheese as the base, but i like the tang of the actual cream cheese brings to these ones. plus, with all the chocolate & wine calories don't count on valentine's day! you can even top it with a strawberry pie filling if you have trouble finding fresh strawberries this time of year. so, you have all weekend to get the perfect breakfast in bed pancakes ready for your valentine, bonus points if you surprise them with this dream bedding too;)
strawberry cheesecake pancakes
- 4 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plain full fat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup whippred cream, for serving
- pure maple syrup, for serving
- using an immersion blender, puree cream cheese, egg, yogurt & vanilla until smooth.
- stir in raw sugar, melted butter & milk.
- sift in flour, baking powder & salt until a lumpy batter is formed.
- heat an oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. pour the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. * cook until both sides brown.
- top with fresh strawberries, whipped cream & maple syrup!