cookies are one of my favourite things to bake, BUT one of my least favourite things to photograph. which is why my blog is not flooded with all the delicious cookie recipes i whip up at home. however, i couldn't resist sharing these wintery maple oatmeal cookies. i created a muffin version of these last year which you can find here. my photo skills have oh, just slightly improved, eh. i like to believe both the maple oatmeal muffins & cookies can be eaten as a quick grab & go breakfast because they are made with oats, pure maple syrup + raw sugar. it is healthy(ish) & close enough to oatmeal, right?! oh how i love my canadian maple syrup. happy monday!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- in a mixing bowl stir oats, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda & nutmeg.
- in a separate bowl whisk butter, syrup, egg & vanilla.
- add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. beat until batter forms into a dough.
- shape into a ball & refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- once dough has cooled, shape into desired size balls, flatten & bake for 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.