plums, peaches, apricots, nectarines.. it is stone fruit season!!!! i have been baking nonstop with the fresh fruit i have picked up at the farmers market. aside from the classic galettes, pies, crumbles & crisps, stone fruit can be worked into refreshing cocktails too! the whiskey plum smash gets its name from literally "smashing" the sweet plum flesh. i opted to infuse it with fresh mint, but fresh thyme or rosemary would be amazing too! i just love the ombre effect the drink has when topped with the clear fizzy sparkling water. instead of regular sparkling water, i opted to use zevia's cucumber lemon sparkling water. it is very lightly sweetened with stevia & has subtle cues of cucumber + lemon flavours. nothing over powering, just extra refreshing! this cocktail would work great with any stone fruit you can get your hands on. enjoy it now while we are in the heart of the dog days!
- 3 plums, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 ounces whiskey
- 4 ounces zevia's cucumber lemon sparkling water
- ice, for serving
- sliced plums, for garnish
- fresh mint, for garnish
- using a muddle mash (smash) together the plums, mint, lemon juice and honey until smooth.
- evenly dispurse plum mixture between two cocktail glasses.
- add whiskey & stir until incorporated.
- fill glass with ice & finish off with a big splash of zevia!
- garnish with sliced plums and a sprig of mint if desired.