spring is in the air! as a winter lover i am a little sad to see spring come THIS early, but i am going to embrace it. i am already thinking about all the spring & easter recipes i can make with the fresh produce that will soon be out. the one major thing i miss in the winter is the fruit. luckily citrus is available year round, so finding that perfect lemon or lime shouldn't be a problem. it is actually at its best in the winter months!
this punch is like the end of winter & the start of spring in a beautifully coloured drink. it is bright, vibrant & the different colours of the grapefruit, orange & lime make for the prettiest colour combination. i used all pure fruit juices & added in grapefruit citrus zevia for the fizz. it is sweetened naturally with stevia making it zero calories! the grapefruit citrus is also so good on its own, it is my new favourite soda to drink. if you wanted to make this virgin for a child friendly event or baby shower (i am sure we all have quite a few of those this season), just leave out the rum! it makes for a refreshing virgin punch too.
- 2 cups grapefruit citrus zevia
- 2 cups pure orange juice
- 2 cups pure grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup white rum (leave out if you want to make a virgin punch)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 grapefruit, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of mint, roughly chopped
- ice, for serving
- fill a large pitcher or dispenser halfway with ice.
- add the grapefruit citrus zevia, orange juice, grapefruit juice & white rum. give it a good stir!
- top with sliced orange, grapefruit, lime & mint.