it's finally cookie inception day on the blog! the results: successful. what is cookie inception you may ask? well it's a cookie inside a cookie, which resulted in a cookies and cream cookie. i am not a huge fan of oreos by themselves, but mash them into cookie dough and i am sold. i have tried stuffing the entire oreo in a chocolate chip cookie in the past, and while it was pretty damn good i think crushing them taste hella better. as my cottage days come to an end today, i can't wait to show you all the photos i took & tell you all about the trip! but for now i leave you with this recipe.
LEVEL: very modest
- 3.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup raw sugar (white sugar will work too)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 18 oreos, crushed
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- in the bowl of a stand mixer cream butter, brown sugar and raw sugar until light and fluffy.
- add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla.
- in a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. * add flour mixture to wet ingredients slowly.
- once all the dry ingredients are evenly incorporated stir in crushed oreos.
- wrap in cling and let dough rest in the fridge for minimum an hour, but for best results over night.
- once dough is rested, roll into desired cookie size and bake for 8-12 minutes (once edges just slightly brown)
- let cool & enjoy!