ok, i am sure we have all eaten way too much chocolate & treats the last week thanks to halloween! plus, now with halloween being over we are entering the holiday season in FULL FORCE, or at least i am. so i wanted to figure out a healthier way for all of us to get our pumpkin spice & pumpkin pie fix. cue: matcha pumpkin pie overnight oats. they are the perfect grab & go breakfast to whip up before bed. just toss a few ingredients together, portion it into glass weck or mason jars & boom, breakfast is ready. for the best matcha flavour, i used aiya matcha's cooking grade blend. this blend is perfect when mixed with other ingredients as it does not lose its intense matcha flavour. now, who else is decorating their house for christmas this week? too soon for me to hang stockings? pft, never.
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon aiya cooking matcha powder
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups whole oats
- pecans, for topping
- coconut whipped cream, for topping
- in a large mixing bowl whisk together the almond milk, pumpkin puree, matcha powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger & nutmeg until well blended.
- stir in the chia seeds & oats until combined.
- place into desired glass jar & cover with lid. let rest in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- top with coconut whipped cream & pecans before eating!