hope all my fellow canadians had a lovely thanksgiving weekend! i am stuffed. between all that pumpkin pie & pumpkin cake, i am bringing you a much healthier pumpkin treat! pumpkin pie energy bites.
these little energy bites are packed with wholesome ingredients, offer the pumpkin spice flavour we all love & require no baking. these are seriously so simple to whip up & keep all week long for a quick grab & go treat! justin loves them so i try to keep them on hand often. the cocoa nibs are a great healthier alternative to chocolate chips, but if you have trouble locating them a quality dark chocolate chip will do the trick!
this recipe is made with sunbutter's sunflower butter! it has no sugar added, so the only sweetener in this recipe is the pure maple syrup. sunbutter is a natural seed butter made with non-gmo sunflower seeds! it is high in protien, meaning these bites will keep you going throughout the day. it has even more vitamins & minerals then nut butter does + it is peanut-free for anyone with food allergens. it is so perfect for baking with! it is a great replacement to peanut butter in just about any recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup sunbutters's no sugar added sunflower butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- in the bowl of a food processor add the oats, chia seeds, hemp hearts, cocoa nibs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & cloves. pulse 2-3 times to mix.
- add the sunflower butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup & vanilla extract. pulse until mixture comes together. refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes to firm up.
- using your hands, shape into bite sized rounds & place on a tray. refrigerate until ready to serve.
- will keep for a week stored in an air tight container & can be frozen for up to a month.