it's spring AND it's the weekend, so i think it is time to get our mojito on! MOJITO! if i'm feeling a little more fancy then a vodka, soda + lime, mojitos are my go to cocktail. they are so fresh thanks to the mint & citrus. i usually stick to drinks that don't contain a lot of sugar because that never goes over well! i am sure you are all familiar with zevia's sugar free sodas, but they make sparkling water too! i used zevia's lime sparkling water to give the mojito that double lime kick. it is the perfect addition to a classic mojito. zevia's sparkling water is very lightly sweetened with stevia (just like the sodas) making it zero calories too. i am a sparkling water addict & this is one of my go to drinks to hydrate with (they make other fruit flavours too). to stick with the sugar free vibes, i used a touch of stevia as a sweetener as well. i don't like my mojito's super sugary, so feel free to add in a touch more sweetener then i do. happy weekend friends! xo
(makes one serving)
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- 3 slices of lime, cut round & thin
- 2 teaspoon stevia
- 1.5 ounces clear rum
- 2-3 ounces zevia's lime sparkling water
- crushed ice, for serving
- lime, for garnish
- mint, for garnish
- muddle together the mint, lime and stevia until the herbs are crushed with the lime.
- add in the rum and stir. fill glass to the top with crushed ice.
- finish off with zevia's lime sparkling water.
- garnish with lime and mint.