in the summer months, the iced drinks never stop flowing in modest house. iced teas, iced coffees, iced lattes & so on! when we are feeling a little more fancy then usual we treat ourself to a bubble tea! today, i am sharing the recipe for a matcha milk tea boba made with aiya matcha's matcha powder, boba black tapioca pearls & nut milk. it is similar to a matcha latte but with the addition of the tapioca pearls. to find the correct boba black tapioca for bubble tea i went to an asian market where i even found the oversized bubble tea straws! perfect for sipping up every last drop of tea. however, if you have trouble finding the correct tapioca, the drink taste amazing even as a milk tea. enjoy!
(makes two milk teas)
- 2 cups unsweetened nut milk
- 1 tablespoon aiya matcha powder
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cooked black boba tapioca
- 1 cup ice, for serving
- in a cocktail shaker add the milk, matcha powder, honey & vanilla. shake well.
- in a glass add desired amount of tapioca & fill the rest with ice.
- strain matcha mixture over the tapioca & ice.
- sip away!