happy weekend! treat yourself by making the ELVIS pancakes, the king of pancakes. what is an elvis pancake you may ask. does it make you walk around the kitchen saying 'uh huh huh' after every flip & bite? maybe.. but it's actually just a simple combination of peanut butter & bananas. elvis wasn't a basic peanut butter & jelly man, his favourite was a fried peanut butter & banana sandwich. these pancakes are a little spin on the classic. the pancake itself is peanut butter flavoured, stacked with banana slices & loaded with maple syrup. now let me go scarf down my saturday pancakes before i go start this weekends non-food related project. today's game plan is to strip & restain a vintage desk chair i found in the garbage. if the chair turns out i will post a photo! if it doesn't, we never speak of it again. wish me luck;)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 banana sliced
- in a mixing bowl using a wooden spoon stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- create a well in the center and add the milk, egg, vanilla, oil and peanut butter. mix until combined.
- in a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat scoop 1/4 cup of batter (for each pancake) into the pan. brown on both sides until pancake is cooked through.
- layer with sliced bananas (& maple syrup if desired) and serve!
- you are now a king.