remember nutter butters?! those cute little peanut shaped cookies. these are a flour based peanut butter cookie as opposed to the classic three-ingredient peanut butter cookies. if baked correctly they produce a crisp outside, and soft inside. eat them plain, with peanut butter or sandwich your favourite jam in between them so you can yell "ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME".
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (i used kraft)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or jam to sandwich in between
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- add egg and vanilla, until well incorporated.
- on low speed, sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- on a greased cookie sheet place balls of dough and squish with a fork to get the criss-cross design.
- bake for 8-10 minutes, and take out right before edges begin to brown.
- let cool and eat as they are or place a teaspoon of peanut butter/jam in the middle!