i hope everyone has made it through the long weekend of chocolate! i mean, easter. i figured i would stick with the chocolate theme from this weekend (because who can honestly get sick of anything chocolate) by making chocolate chip brownies! i have honestly made so many different types of brownie recipes, i can't even keep track. from fudgey to cakey, i would say this recipe produces the best of both worlds. you can mix in just about anything you like! the variations i have made are chocolate chips, peanut butter, walnuts, coconut, cream cheese, oh the possibilities are endless! however, for this particular batch i kept it simple, to embrace brownies in its true glory.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate (4 squares of bakers chocolate)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate. let cool.
- in the bowl of a stand mixer, whip sugar, vanilla, espresso, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- add in cooled chocolate and butter mixture.
- on low speed, sift in flour and salt until just combined.
- stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- bake for 20-25 minutes (until tooth pic comes out clean).
- let cool completely before serving.