there was a time when i literally made some form of this cookie dough every single week! i'd freeze the dough and bake them per cookie in small batches so i could have them hot out of the oven every time i ate one. this is quite possibly the best base dough you can use for chocolate chip cookies. for this particular recipe i used marshmallows & milk chocolate chunks hence "rocky road".. but don't be afraid to make your own version! cranberry & white chocolate, coconut & dark chocolate chunk, mars bar... AH i've said too much! can't give away all my secrets:) note: i undercook these slightly so they are softer, chewier, and slightly raw tasting because... cookie dough.
- 3.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup raw sugar (white sugar will work too)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 300g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and raw sugar until light and fluffy.
- add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla extract.
- in a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. sift slowly into wet ingredients.
- once all the flour mixture has been incorporated, stir in milk chocolate chunks and marshmallows.
- wrap in cling wrap and let the dough rest in the fridge for minimum an hour, but for best results over night.
- once dough is rested, roll into desired cookie size and bake for 8-12 minutes (once edges just slightly brown)
- let cool & enjoy!