BRB PUMPKIN, there is an avocado gazpacho in town! this might be the most refreshing gazpacho i have ever tasted. i love a cucumber, honey & mint combo, so it seemed like a natural pairing for this recipe. the addition of the avocado makes for the perfect creamy texture. this is a great recipe for those who want to savour those last few days of summer before all the fall & winter comfort foods take over! while the bulk of gazpachos are finished off with heavy cream, this one features nutpods unsweetened original creamer. it is a dairy free creamer made of almond butter and coconut cream! i use it in my coffee every morning to add that creaminess you don't get from regular almond or coconut milk.
p.s. i just saw nutpods released a pumpkin spice dairy free creamer for coffee & i need it like, yesterday.
p.p.s. if you are in canada, all of nutpods creamers are available on naturamarket.ca!
happy last weekend of summer friends! xo
- 3 medium (or two large) ripe avocados
- 2 cups cucumber, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup unsweetened nutpods original creamer
- 2 cups water, cold
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- in a blender add the avocado flesh, cucumber, mint, lime juice, raw honey, olive oil & creamer. pulse a few times until well mixed.
- pour in the water one cup at a time until you reach desired consistency. blend until silky & smooth.
- season with a touch of sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper.
- serve as is or with a drizzle of olive oil, nutpods creamer & scallions.