i am in full holiday mode now! the stockings are up, the christmas music is playing & next week we are going to the local tree farm to cut down a fresh tree for modest house. perfect for the winter season, this Castello cheeseboard is honestly my favourite cheeseboard that i have made so far. it is so naturally gorgeous with the different cheeses, meats, fruits & chestnuts. my family loves roasting chestnuts around the holidays so i wanted to create a cheeseboard that reflects a perfect winter night by the fire incorporating the roasted chestnuts.
i stuck to strong cheeses including Castello's Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar, Aged Havarti & Smoked Gorgonzola... yes, Smoked Gorgonzola. i love blue cheese & anything with a smokey flavour so i was pretty excited to see Castello's Smoked Gorgonzola is easily available. it goes perfectly with the crisp weather, figs & little pears. it took us about 5 seconds after photographing to devour almost everything on the board.
i hope you enjoy this winter night cheeseboard all season long! for more inspiration check out last holiday's sweet & simple + bold & blue cheeseboards featuring Castello cheese.
- 150 grams Castello Smoked Gorgonzola
- 150 grams Castello Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar
- 150 grams Castello Aged Havarti
- 100 grams prosciutto, sliced very thin
- 100 grams sopressata, sliced thin
- 12 rosemary garlic crackers
- 12 whole grain crackers
- 3-4 seckel pears, sliced in half
- 3-4 fresh figs, sliced in half
- 1 bunch fresh black grapes
- 12 chestnuts, scored & roasted
- place the Smoked Gorgonzola, Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar & Aged Havarti onto the desired cheeseboard.
- surround cheese with prosciutto, sopressata & crackers.
- fill remaining spaces with pears, figs & grapes.
- top with roasted chestnuts (i like to serve a few extra on the side, my family loves freshly roasted chestnuts!).
this post was created in partnership with Castello cheese! thank you for supporting the brands that help me doing what i love. xo