let the holiday cocktails commence! this is my favourite time of year for so many reasons i couldn't possibly name them all, but winter cocktails are high up on the list. from holiday parties, to winter gatherings, to a big festive meal i love creating unique holiday inspired drinks. pomegranate & citrus is the perfect combination of winter flavours, plus this old fashioned is quite refreshing. i stuck to a classic whiskey base (but if you like gin as much as i do, try substituting it for that!) & used zevia's new line of cocktail mixers. they are designed specifically for alcoholic drinks & feature a lemon lime flavour, with a hint of bitters. so perfect for an old fashioned. like all of zevia's drinks, it contains no sugar or artificial sweeteners. the cans are sized smaller then a regular can of soda too so nothing goes to waste!
- 2 ounces whiskey, chilled
- 1 ounce zevia's dry lemon lime mixer
- 2 ounces 100% pomegranate juice
- 1-2 dashes bitters
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 orange or lemon, to garnish
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, to garnish
- in a cocktail shaker add the whiskey, lemon lime mix, pomegranate juice, bitters & pomegranate seeds. shake well.
- pour over ice. garnish with a slice of orange & a sprig of fresh rosemary.