three days into september & i am already busting out the pumpkin recipes! i haven't had a pumpkin spice latte yet though, i am still on the ice coffee train. one of my instagram followers left a comment yesterday that i was the first pumpkin recipe to come up on their feed this year, that made me a little too proud. anyways, todays recipe isn't something you often see, a pumpkin blondie! i wanted to create a simple one bowl recipe that incorporated all the pumpkin pie spices we love. this recipe features farmer's market foods organic pumpkin puree & it is honestly the best canned pumpkin puree you will ever come across. the colour of the pumpkin is as vibrant as freshly steamed pumpkin & makes for the most gorgeous coloured pumpkin desserts. i keep a few jars of this in my pantry all year long because i am a fall enthusiast so you never know when that pumpkin craving will strike! pumpkin bread in june? yes please.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup farmer's market foods organic pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large mixing bowl whisk together the butter, brown sugar, egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract until smooth.
- sift in the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. stir until the batter comes together.
- fold in the white chocolate chunks & nuts.
- pour into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- bake for 20-25 minutes.
- let cool completely before slicing & serving!