summer time entertaining calls for ALL the hummus! it is the perfect appetizer to serve at any gathering because you can dip just about anything you can think of in it. from fresh veggies to warm pitas to different flavoured harvest snaps, anything goes! while a classic roasted garlic hummus is always a hit, i like adding different flavours & twist to it. remember that gorgeous pink roasted beet hummus from january? today, for a more summery twist, i incorporated fresh avocado! it makes for the perfect cross between guacamole & hummus. i brought in the classic guacamole flavours like garlic & cilantro, but kept the seasoning to a minimal. the avocado makes for such a smooth & creamy dip. just make sure that avocado is perfectly ripe! i topped it off with an avocado rose because they add such a wow factor to any finished dish. lastly, i served it with both black bean habanero & black pepper harvest snaps. they are the perfect shape for dipping into hummus with!
- 2 1/2 cups chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lime, juiced
- sea salt + pepper, to taste
- 85 grams black bean habanero harvest snaps, for serving
- 85 grams black pepper harvest snaps, for serving
- in a food processor add the chickpeas, avocado, tahini, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, water, lime, salt & pepper. puree until smooth.
- transfer to serving dish & top with olive oil, fresh cilantro & sliced avocado.
- serve with black bean habanero & black pepper harvest snaps!
- stores for up to a week in a sealed glass jar or plastic tupperware.