hi friends! i hope you all had the best new years yet. are we all ready for 2017? SEVENTEEN! i will forever think 2000 was just a few years ago. i took a much needed break from blogging + social media over the holidays to spend it with my friends & family, but now i am BACK with the prettiest hummus i ever did see. i think beet hummus is the best way to get back into the swing of things because it's healthy & well, it's PINK.
now that justin & i are officially living in modest house (most of the work is done.. for now) we have a lot of entertaining to do. i have been working on all different finger foods to serve when people come over to see the house! i served this hummus with a variety of different flavoured harvest snaps. harvest snaps are a snap pea crisp that i topped last year's (errr last month's) black pepper mac & cheese with! they are so good as is, but throw hummus into the mix & you have one hell of a snack! here i served it with lightly salted original, tomato basil & black bean habanero (SPICY).
- 3 beets, roasted
- 1 large onion, roasted
- 2 cloves of garlic, roasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped plus more for garnish
- 2 1/2 cups chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sea salt + pepper, to taste
- 85 grams black bean habanero harvest snaps, for serving
- 85 grams lightly salted harvest snaps, for serving
- 85 grams lentil bean tomato basil, for serving
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- line a baking pan or dish with parchment paper & toss beets, onion, parsley & garlic in olive oil, salt & pepper.
- roast for an hour, turning over beets halfway through.
- let cool while you prepare the hummus.
- in a food processor add the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, water, lemon, salt & pepper. puree until smooth.
- peel the roasted beets & add the roasted beets, onion, garlic & fresh parsely. puree again until smooth.
- transfer to serving dish & serve with black bean habanero, lightly salted harvest snaps & lentil bean tomato basil harvest snaps!
- stores for a week in a glass weck jar.
this post was created in partnership with harvest snaps! thank you for supporting the brands that keep me doing what i love. xo