happy hump day! i hope everyone is staying warm. it has been so cold here & i am told that we have a big snow storm headed our way this weekend. so this weekend i will be stocking up on baking supplies & spending time cozied up indoors & watching the snow fall from my kitchen window. first up on the list is to make a big batch of granola for quick & easy week day breakfasts. justin loves it over yogurt or with a splash of almond milk!
today i am sharing with you a flavourful & delicious granola recipe. it is made with chocolate, coconuts, almonds & matcha. the matcha i used is from tea forte & is actually flavoured too! i used a mix of their chocolate matcha & coconut matcha to pull from both flavours in the recipe. you can even enjoy this granola along side a steamy coconut matcha latte or chocolate matcha latte! my frother has been working over time this month because i can't get enough of my home prepared lattes.
- 3 cups whole rolled oats
- 100 grams quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon tea forte's coconut matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon tea forte's chocolate matcha powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- preheat oven to 325 degrees. line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- in a large mixing bowl add the oats, chocolate, coconut, almonds, cocoa nibs & matcha powder. stir until evenly combined.
- in a separate mixing bowl whisk together the oil, honey, vanilla & almond milk.
- pour wet mixture over the oat mixture & toss to coat.
- transfer to prepared baking sheet. bake for 45 minutes, stirring mixture every 15 minutes for even browning.
- allow mixture to cool completely before transferring to a glass storage container. store at room temperature for up to two weeks!