happy almost long weekend & happy first week of spring! this is the most refreshing cocktail to kick off the start of a new season. that is for when it stops being freezing cold outside & decides to actually be spring. as much as i love my winter, i am ready to retire my coat, the constant feeling of being cold every time i leave the house & start enjoying my ice coffee outdoors!
SO.. i am a huge fan of pairing citrus with vodka because the strong flavours from the citrus offset the strong flavour of the alcohol. the cucumber adds that refreshing flavour, similar to that of a simple cucumber water. this cocktail is good with or without the vodka & i added the addition of sparkling water for a touch of fizz cause i love fizzy drinks. i have a ton of other delicious recipes to get you through all the easter long weekend entertaining: honey + sriracha deviled eggs, carrot cake, mini egg cupcakes & one more egg inspired recipe coming this week! a recipe where justin & i literally ate the entire batch to ourselves.. in one day.
for the cucumber infused vodka
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
for the cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz cucumber infused vodka
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 to 2 oz sparkling water
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced for garnish
- for the cucumber infused vodka: in a glass jar add the vodka & freshly sliced cucumbers. let rest over night & strain out cucumber slices.
- for the cocktail: fill cup with ice. add the vodka, sugar, grapefruit juice & sparkling water. stir until well combined & garnish with a few slices of cucumber.