so the weather this past long weekend felt very (dare i say it).. FALL. it made me SO happy, sorry summer lovers! i know we aren't even halfway into august yet but i can't help but be excited for my favourite season to arrive next month. because this weekend gave me a little touch of fall outdoors (i even wore a knit sweater), i decided to bring fall indoors too! these cookies taste and smell like everything you love about fall. to get a very strong chai tea flavour i used lorann oils amazing new chai tea flavouring! a little goes a long way as it is VERY concentrated. it has a blend of cloves, cardamom, cinnamon & vanilla. a.k.a the cozy flavours that make up fall! these will warm you from the inside out. while i thought cookies would be the perfect place to start with the chai tea flavouring, i think frosting will have to be next! chai tea latte buttercream anyone?!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon lorann oils chai tea flavouring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 1/2 cup quality white chocolate, melted
- in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat butter & brown sugar until combined.
- add in chai tea flavouring & vanilla extract.
- sift in the flour & sea salt. beat until dough comes together.
- if dough is crumbly, add the water one tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- turn dough onto a floured surface & shape into a disk. wrap in cling wrap & refrigerate for one hour.
- once dough has chilled, roll out on a heavily floured surface to ¼ inch thick. use desired cookie cutter to create the cookie shape.
- bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the edges JUST begin to brown. let cool to room temperature.
- drizzle with melted white chocolate & pop in the freezer for 60 seconds so the chocolate fully hardens.
- serve with a freshly brewed cup of chai tea!
this post was created in partnership with lorann oils! i am seriously *obsessed* with the new chai tea flavouring. fall is going to get even more cozier now!