this is a very easy and simple dish to make, but holds so much flavour. it can be served as a side dish, appetizer, or part of an anti-pasto platter. asparagus is one of my favourite 'fancy' vegetables, as for prosciutto.. i put that shit on everything. my mom and i serve this at christmas time [as part of a 50 course feast], but asparagus is so perfect for summer too. you could even do these on the grill because everything taste better barbecued, doesn't it?
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 100 grams thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- parmesan, shaved on top
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute and immediately submerge it in an ice bath. this will make your asparagus bright and vibrant.
- remove from ice bath and toss in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- wrap a thin slice of prosciutto around every 2-3 stalks
- place in pan and roast for 7-10 minutes, until the asparagus is cooked and the prosciutto is crispy
- finish with a few shavings of real parmesan and serve