french fries & ketchup is one of my favourite junk foods. i will judge a restaurant purely on the quality of their french fries. they are too simple of a dish to make, no restaurant should serve shitty fries. i will also take any excuse i can to consume a large amount of ketchup, because ketchup. these french fries go really well with the bbq turkey burger i'll be blogging about tomorrow;) they produce a crispy exterior and soft interior.
- 4-5 yukon gold potatoes [can use baking potato too]
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- freshly ground pepper & salt
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- rinse and cut potatoes into french fry strips
- in a large bowl filled with cold water, soak cut potatoes for approximately 1 hour. this will remove all the starches and help the potatoes crisp up and brown.
- drain potatoes and place on a baking sheet. let potatoes dry before dressing.
- add oil and toss to coat completely.
- add salt and pepper.
- bake at 350 for 20 minutes, flip potatoes and bake for another 20 minutes.
- turn oven up to 400 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes, until the potatoes become golden brown and crispy.
- remove from oven and finish off with additional salt and pepper.