happy december!!! i cannot believe how fast this year has flown by, but 2016 has turned out to be quite the year. christmas will be here in the blink of an eye & i still haven't finished my decorating or christmas shopping. almost done though, almost. we put a freshly cut tree up this weekend & decorated it with all these woodsy creatures. i think christmas shopping has been the most time consuming part this year. i seem to find nothing i want when i shop for myself & everything i want when i should be shopping for others. anyone else have that problem?! the one of a kind show i went to in toronto had the most beautiful things though a little over budget;)
as christmas rapidly approaches us, i promised you one more cheeseboard with the help of my friends at Castello®. a bold & blue cheeseboard with italian meats. now this is the cheeseboard my family puts together at every single gathering. since both my mom & dad are italian, we can't go anywhere without including prosciutto, capicola & salami. oh & those olives, i can't forget about the olives. these meats pair perfectly with strong cheeses, roasted or pickled veggies & some crackers or fresh italian bread. it is pretty much a deconstructed italian sandwich on a big beautiful platter. the three Castello® cheeses i used are the traditional danish blue (i always include a type of blue cheese on my cheeseboards, be it sweet or savoury), aged havarti (currently available at sobeys) & tickler extra mature cheddar. the cheddar and aged havarti can be found in the deli section of your grocery store & you can ask for a piece to be the exact size you want. tickler extra mature cheddar has a sweet + tangy flavour & has been aged for up to18 months. this wonderful variety of cheeses and meats is a savoury centrepiece for any holiday gathering.
p.p.s i am giving away $25 of CASTELLO® CHEESE & this gorgeous raw edge wooden cheeseboard (!!!!) so you can make your own this holiday season. to enter just leave a comment below of what your favourite holiday cheese is. winner will be picked next week!
- 125g Castello® Traditional Danish Blue
- 125g Castello® Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar
- 125g Castello® Aged Havarti
- 100g prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 100g spicy capicola, thinly sliced
- 100g salami, thinly sliced
- 10 kalamata olives
- 10 green olives
- 2 roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch grapes
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, to garnish
- variety of crackers or sliced bread, for serving
- place the blue cheese, aged havarti & tickler extra mature cheddar on desired serving board.
- line with prosciutto, spicy capicola & salami. decorate with olives, red peppers, grapes & herbs.
- serve with crackers & sliced bread.
note: i usually put the different olives & red peppers in little pinch bowls & refill if necessary.