over the past several months i kept coming across people posting about “no churn ice cream”. frankly, i didn’t buy it. it just seemed WAY to simple a process to have the same texture & taste as ice cream. so the only way to find out was to make it myself. seeing i am now blogging about it, you can guess the results were pretty positive. essentially, two basic ingredients (sweetened condensed milk + heavy cream) freeze into a perfectly creamy ice cream, without any fancy ( and expensive) ice cream machine. you can keep it as a simple vanilla ice cream or you can stir in anything you can possibly think of. here i did raspberries but some other options could be peaches, strawberries, jam, chocolate sauce, caramel, crushed oreo’s OR COOKIE BUTTER!!! okay, i have yet to actually try it with cookie butter because the jar does not last long enough in my pantry to do anything other then eat it with a spoon.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 500 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- optional: 1 cup of fruit (crushed) or sauce
- in a large bowl whip heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- fold in the vanilla & condensed milk until it is well combined, trying not to deflate the whip cream too much.
- stir in desired fruit or sauce and pour into a freezer safe loaf/baking pan.
- freeze over night and voila! you have yourself the worlds easiest ice cream.
like what you see? get in here. mug/cup | boyfriend (n/a)