hot matcha latte, iced matcha latte.. but what about match latte popsicles?! with the dog days of summer ahead of us, these popsicles are the best type of "latte" to cool down with! they are also made with coconut milk, making them extra creamy & dairy free. it is very important to use the canned variety of coconut milk, as the texture is much different then boxed coconut milk. to sweeten the popsicles naturally, i pulled from the flavours of a traditional matcha latte & used a quality honey. to get the best matcha flavour, i used aiya's cooking grade matcha powder. it is my go to matcha powder for just about everything that involves matcha. a little goes a long way!
before serving the popsicles, i like to drizzle them in honey & sprinkle them with flaked coconut. they present so pretty! to get the green & white colour tones, i reserve a portion of the liquid without the matcha powder included. i mean how cool do these look? bonus points: no oven required for making popsicles!
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk, full-fat canned
- 1/4 cup raw honey, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons aiya's cooking grade matcha powder
- flaked coconut, to garnish
- in a large mixing bowl whisk together the coconut milk, honey, vanilla & salt until well blended. reserve one cup of liquid.
- add the matcha powder & whisk until the matcha is fully incorporated.
- fill 1/3 of popsicle molds with reserved liquid. freeze for 60 minutes.
- fill remaining 2/3 of popsicle molds with the matcha mixture. add popsicle sticks & freeze for 6-8 hours.
- when ready to serve, remove popsicle from the mold. drizzle with additional honey & sprinkle with flaked coconut!