you should know by now that i believe everything bagel seasoning belongs on just about everything and deviled eggs are no exception! such a simple blend of spices adds so much flavour to any dish. these deviled eggs are made with Conestoga Farms Free Range Eggs and inspired by the traditional everything bagel + cream cheese combination. the filling gets a hint of tang from the cream cheese and dijon mustard. i kept things simple and garnished it with sliced chives, but if you want to take things to the next level try topping it with smoked salmon!
for those who are not familiar with Conestoga Farms Eggs, it is an egg brand whose focus is on supporting local farmers. all the eggs are produced in ontario and they offer a variety of eggs including organic eggs, free range eggs, free run omega-3 eggs (brown & white) and hard boiled + peeled eggs. i was fortunate enough to attend the welcome to the summer side up cooking workshop in toronto last week where we learned all about the different types of eggs. a little fun fact i learned about Conestoga Farms Organic Eggs is that it simply means the chickens are fed an organic diet, plus all organic eggs are free range.
now if you aren't sure how to cook the perfect hard-boiled egg, here is a quick run down! place the eggs in a pot and fill with two inches of water. bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds. remove from heat, cover with lid and let stand for 12 minutes.
now lets get deviled egging!
p.s. if deviled eggs aren't your thing (or you don't have time to peel all those eggs), try this quick breakfast switch up! toast a piece of bread, slather it with cream cheese, fry up a freshly cracked egg & sprinkle it with everything bagel seasoning. you could also try conestoga farms hard boiled + peeled eggs if you’re looking to save time. breakfast for the win!
- 6 hard boiled conestoga farms free range eggs, peeled
- 3 tablespoons quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- sea salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning (see note)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions, to garnish
- cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise.
- gently remove the yolks & place them into a medium size mixing bowl. transfer egg whites to a plate.
- mash yolks with a fork. stir in mayonnaise, cream cheese, dijon mustard, salt & black pepper.
- transfer filling to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. pipe mixture into egg white halves.
- sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning & garnish with green onion.
- serve immediately or store in refrigerator covered.
note: i LOVE trader joe's everything bagel seasoning, but if you can't locate it simply mix together one tablespoon of poppy seeds, black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, minced dried garlic, minced dried onion & flaked salt to taste!