oh my JUNE. why don't we kick off the first weekend of a new month with some grilled flatbread! i just love the way pizza dough bubbles up on the grill. i could honestly brush it with some olive oil + garlic & stop there, but that's boring. let's get a little fancy today while still keeping things super simple. a touch of garlic, lemon & zucchini go a long way. who would have thought lemon zest on flatbread would be so good?! as you can see i am loving the dyno glo barbecue i got from wayfair cananda last month. it cooks everything up perfectly that we are outside (literally) every single day firing it up. as i type this i am eating korean barbecue braised short ribs (another obsession). anyways back to the garden that will never ever seem to be done. the link to my barebecue can be found here. as i mentioned in my previous [grilled lemon & plum poundcake], we went with the natural gas option cause ain't nobody got time to fill up a propane tank! enjoy this sunny weekend & don't forget to grill up some pizza dough:)
- 1 pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 cups mozzarella, grated
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced & zested
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- preheat barbecue to 500 degrees & oil grills.
- roll out pizza dough to desired shape. brush each side with olive oil, grated garlic, salt & pepper.
- grill on each side for 60 seconds & remove from heat. place on a baking tray.
- drizzle with additional olive oil & sprinkle with mozzarella.
- cover with the entire pizza with the zucchini slices. season with lemon juice, lemon zest, salt & pepper.
- place the baking tray back on the grill & cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- toss argula in balsamic vinegar & sprinkle over the finished pizza.
- slice & serve!