happy mother's day!!! i promised my mom my full attention today so i will keep this post short & sweet. i do not really eat red meat so i had to come up with a homemade turkey burger that has just as much flavour [or even more] then a regular beef burger. by adding the barbecue sauce and herbs directly in the patty then topping it with avocado [avocado is life] you will never want another beef burger again!
ingredients (makes 4 burgers)
- 500 grams lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce [i use sweet baby rays on everything]
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 brick of brie
- 4 burger buns
- add ground turkey, egg, barbecue sauce, breadcrumbs, cilantro, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. using your hands, mix all ingredients until evenly combined.
- form meat mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate for an hour [helps firm the patties].
- sear the burger on each side and brush with barbecue sauce.
- when the burger is cooked throughout, top with brie until it begins to melt.
- remove from heat and top with avocado, tomato and additional barebecue sauce if you love it as much as i do.